Sunday, January 8, 2012

And here starts another fitness plan

So my daughter had her first hip surgery and was in a spica cast for over a month. It was my intention to get into fabulous shape so that lifting her around in her cast would not be such a struggle and I could do anything for her without tiring out.

Well, needless to say I did not follow any plan long enough to get into physical shape and did everything I feared would happen...tired easily, was exhausted at the end of every day, and even had to get up through the night to turn her and lift her if she needed to potty. I couldn't go anywhere during her stay at home so I just paced the living room and kitchen and ate and ate and didn't do any exercising.

Before this happened I had a mission to start leading a healthier life so that I would be fabulous at 40, instead of depressed and totally unhealthy. But that obviously didn't move my motivation enough to do anything about it or act on it.

Part of my "Problem"...if that's what you want to call this...is that my family (my partner and my children, and my friends too) are all so wonderful and loving. I'll explain why that's a problem - they tell me all the time how much they love me just the way I am, and tell me sweet things every day, and invite me to eat fun things with them (treats, snacks, desserts, you know...the stuff we LOVEEEE to eat!) and when I complain that I should go work out, it doesn't sound like I enjoy it, so they tell me "don't do it if you don't want to, you look beautiful just the way you are and I love you". This is wonderful and I thank God every single day for the wonderful wonderful people that surround me every day of my life. But when it comes to wanting to lose weight, start exercising, eat healthier, I need to be a leader and just start it! They will follow along, they will even enjoy it, as long as I don't make it sound like a drag!

So that's what I need to do. Use my strong leadership skills, my positive attitude, and my stubbornness to start! I need to stay consistent (which we all know by the name of my blogspot...I am NOT) ... it is in my Gemini blood to be spontaneous, random, fun, quirky, not follow consistent boundaries and crap! haha! but I'm going to give it my best! :) And that's all a person can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment