Monday, November 15, 2010

Wellness

So, the place I work is about the best place to work on the planet. Not only do I love my job and the people I work with, but they also provide a fitness center, fitness staff, and wellness plans that are out of this world.

I found out about a wellness coaching meeting which takes 2 1/2 hours to complete! This "course" takes you through every aspect of you as a person, of your life, to boil down to 3 or 4 simple statements that define YOU at your peek wellness...not what a doctor says or what a personal trainer says, but what YOU SAY is your vision of you at your best wellness. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical that I could be decisive enough to come to this conclusion.

The course with my wellness coach was nothing short of amazing!! I am pretty confident that I am very in tune with myself, my body, my soul, my heart, I would go out on a limb and say FAR more than the average 35 year old female. STILL this activity made me see things so clearly, and dig deep inside to see what is really important to me, and WHY, and which things might not be as important to me.

When speaking of "complete wellness", one cannot avoid the subject of weight and fitness, and fact is I DO want to lose weight (again) and keep it off. There are many other things that fit into MY wellness vision, but I've packed on 40 lbs and it is going to take a hell of a lot of work to get that back off! And when a person is that overweight, it affects every other aspect of life! Work, friends, romance, kids, leisure, ...everything. For me it is a foundation to feel at 100% success in any of those other areas. Otherwise it feels like I am falling short of success, in everything. It is a fact, (not a mood, not a feeling, not depression or lack of self-esteem)...it is a fact.

So, not that earning $500 next year for losing 10% of my weight isn't enough motivation for me (err wait, it wasn't enough last year), now I have much more to look forward to IF I can get there...feeling successful in all that I set out to do, and feeling good about myself when I reach little or big successes. I know what it feels like to have 100% pride of my kids, to feel that for myself...that will be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment