Sunday, November 21, 2010

Don't Say the "P" Word! Don't Even Spell It!

I've had pets all my life, cats, dogs, goats, bunnies, snakes, guinea pigs, gerbils, hamsters, and even a bird. Never before now have I enjoyed so many hours of entertainment from just watching my pets. 2 dogs and a wild as sin cat. The dogs FAVORITE activity of all time going to the dog park. They also enjoy going swimming at the lake with us and love long walks and jogs. But when we say "Do you want to go to the park?" they jump up and down and bark really loud and non stop. And when I say jump up and down, I mean my 120 lb lab/mix jumps OFF the ground at me and gets about a foot of air...it's SCARY! They enjoy it SOOO much that if we ask EACH OTHER if we want to take the dogs to the park they start jumping up and down and barking as loudly as possible and don't stop until they are in the truck. So even if we were undecided at that point, it don't matter because they have made up their mind once they hear "park"! They are so smart that even after we started spelling "P-A-R-K" they still understand what we are talking about and react the same way as if we had said it out loud. So now we have to be extremely careful even using anything that RHYMES with "park" in a sentence when the dogs are in the room, or else we have to head to the dog park...OR have 2 barking jumping dogs for the rest of the night!

The good part of bringing them to the dog park is that it only takes about 20 min or 1/2 hour of play and we can go home and they are passed out for the rest of the night, right now they are laying next to me snoring. :) Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment