Saturday, February 13, 2010

#4 Post Office Madness

Waiting in line at the Post Office there was a couple and their young son with 2 big boxes of envelopes who purchased many sheets of stamps. They shuffled out of line and moved their supplies to the counter and started applying their stamps. It looked like it would take an hour or longer. I stepped out of the line, jumped in the minivan and ran home to get the kids and told them "gear up! I found a random act!" they all got ready and groaned and grumbled all the way to the Post Office (I ain't gonna lie). So we got there and handed them one of our RAoK cards and explained our mission and they looked at us like we are very odd people (which they are RIGHT, again I ain't gonna lie!) but they let us split up their stack of envelopes with them and we set up a mini-assembly line and got it all done pretty quickly with now 7 people working on it. The man told me he is a college graduate doing a research project and sending hundreds of surveys out to pastors in 3 states. So I told him, "Great! That means both of us are getting a project done today!" Then I remembered to get back into line and pay for my own postage and we went home.

It wasn't much, but it was something anyway. Tomorrow we are working on something very special for Valentine's day! We hope to make 165 special people smile tomorrow - so tune in tomorrow!!!!! :o)

(¨`·.·´¨)
`·. Prudy

No comments:

Post a Comment