Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Off to a slow start...

So, things aren't off to the roaring start I had envisioned. However, I do have 2 RAoK to report, so that's good! The first one was last week when I was listening to CNN at work on my headphones, President Clinton had a broadcast about texting 20222 to donate $10 to the Haiti disaster. So on my next break, I immediately texted it and donated $10. I didn't consider that a RAoK, but someone convinced me that it was random and it was definitely an act of pure kindness, especially in a time where all of us are so strapped for money!

The 2nd one was when I was out hanging some Avon books on door knobs, a neighbor down the street thought I was delivering the shopping news and she started talking to me about how she misses getting the shopping news. I told her we deliver the shopping news in a different area, but that I would be happy to drop one off for her. She said I didn't have to do that for her and "go out of my way" but I quickly reminded her that I only live down the street and it would not be out of my way. But I also gave her the phone number to the St Cloud Times so she could call and ask them to add her to the delivery list for her carrier for the Hot Ticket/Shopping News. After I picked up our papers last night, we stopped by her house and dropped off a paper and one of my "tickets" that let her know she "has been kinded by Prudy's Random Acts of Kindness 2010".

It seems like such a little insignificant thing, but that's what this is all about. Those little insignificant things that someone might do for us (whether a stranger or not) that makes us smile real big on the inside and out, and makes our whole day feel good. If we all did that a couple of times per day, just think what a difference that would make. One of the many reasons I wanted to do 365 RAoK is because I firmly believe that one cannot reach any true success in their life unless they first lift up those around them and help them reach their successes first. And if we make them feel good that day, that is sure to help them want better for themselves, whether in a big or small way.

Thank you to my 2 followers so far! I love you Jeremy and Casey!! MUAH!!!

~Hugs & LOVE~
Prudy

No comments:

Post a Comment